Oregon Commercial Lines – Year in Review
Smith Freed Eberhard Partners Jeff Eberhard and Bill Taaffe discuss major cases of the past year in Oregon, with a focus on Commercial Lines claims management during this one hour presentation.
Why Watch This Webinar?
This webinar is designed for claims professionals and provides a basic overview of significant cases over the last year and their impact on Commercial Lines claims management. This webinar will prepare you to handle claims in Oregon touching on: timber trespass; liquor liability; noneconomic damages; and other topics.
Key Points Presented Include:
- (HB 4212) Extends the statute of limitations indefinitely on most civil claims due to COVID-19.
- (Busch v. McInnis) Holds Oregon’s $500,000 noneconomic damages cap unconstitutional as applied to claims other than those for wrongful death.
- (La Costita III) Opens the door to claims against social hosts when the host is operating in dual roles, such as employer and social host.
- (Bighorn Logging Corp.) Examines ambiguities in intentional act exclusions in the context of intentional timber trespass.
- (Porter v. Veenhuisen) Provides that once a trial date has been set, the plaintiff’s unpreparedness for trial is no excuse to postpone.
Click below to access a recording of this webinar.