Oregon Commercial Lines Year in Review
Smith Freed Eberhard Partners Jeff Eberhard and Bill Taaffe discuss major cases of the past year in Oregon, with a focus on Commercial Lines claims management during this one hour presentation.
Why Watch This Webinar?
This webinar is designed for claims professionals and provides a basic overview of significant cases over the last year and their impact on Commercial Lines claims management. This webinar will prepare you to handle claims in Oregon touching on: timber trespass; liquor liability; noneconomic damages; and other topics.
Key Points Presented Include:
- (HB 4212) Extends the statute of limitations indefinitely on most civil claims due to COVID-19.
- (Busch v. McInnis) Holds Oregon’s $500,000 noneconomic damages cap unconstitutional as applied to claims other than those for wrongful death.
- (La Costita III) Opens the door to claims against social hosts when the host is operating in dual roles, such as employer and social host.
- (Bighorn Logging Corp.) Examines ambiguities in intentional act exclusions in the context of intentional timber trespass.
- (Porter v. Veenhuisen) Provides that once a trial date has been set, the plaintiff’s unpreparedness for trial is no excuse to postpone.
Watch The Webinar
Be In The Know
But Know We Have Your Back When You Need Us
Our training content is exclusively available to insurance professionals. To access this training provide your email address below and we will send it to you.