Washington Personal Lines Year in Review
Smith Freed Eberhard partners Josh Hayward and Melanie Rose discuss significant cases of the past year in Washington, with a focus on Personal Lines claims management.
Why Watch This Webinar?
This webinar is designed for claims professionals and provides a basic overview of significant cases over the last year and their impact on Personal Lines claims management. This webinar will prepare you to handle claims in Washington touching on: wrongful death; bad faith; Washington’s Made Whole Doctrine; UIM Coverage; and other topics.
Key Points Presented Include:
- (RCW 4.24.010) Changes wrongful death statute to significantly expand ability of parents to file suit after their child dies.
- (WAC 284-30-770) Requires insurers to inform insureds that they may seek guidance from state insurance regulators if insurer takes certain adverse actions.
- (Keodalah v. Allstate) Determines that bad faith claims against individual employee adjusters cannot proceed.
- (Grp. Health Coop. v. Coon) Discusses that settlement for less than policy limits does not create presumption that insured has been “made whole.”
- (Thompson v. Progressive Direct) Finds that UIM coverage does not have to be extended to a third party with a liability claim against the same vehicle.
Watch The Webinar
Be In The Know
But Know We Have Your Back When You Need Us
Our training content is exclusively available to insurance professionals. To access this training provide your email address below and we will send it to you.