Oregon Personal Lines Year in Review
Smith Freed Eberhard Partners Josh Hayward and Cliff Wilson discuss major Personal Lines cases of the past year in Oregon with a focus on the impact these cases will have on Personal Lines claims management. In this hour-long webinar presentation, Josh and Cliff discuss recent developments in Oregon law including:
- (HB 4212) The statute of limitations on most civil claims is extended indefinitely due to COVID-19.
- (Vasquez) Case allowing more than $500,000 in noneconomic damages for claims subject to workers’ compensation statute.
- (Busch) Case holding that Oregon’s $500,000 noneconomic damages cap is unconstitutional as applied to claims other than those for wrongful death.
- (Martinez) Case providing that, in the context of reasonableness of medical expenses, the expenses themselves must be shown to be reasonable in addition to the treatment itself.
- (Oregon Mutual) Case explaining the definition/test for when a policy is an “excess policy”.
Watch The Webinar
Be In The Know
But Know We Have Your Back When You Need Us
Our training content is exclusively available to insurance professionals. To access this training provide your email address below and we will send it to you.