2018 – Year In Review – Commercial Lines in Oregon
Smith Freed Eberhard Partner Bill Taaffe discusses major cases of the past year in Oregon. In this one hour presentation, Bill focuses on the following cases:
- (OR) Case affecting the discoverability of physician-patient communications.
- (OR) Cases enforcing the complicity doctrine in liquor liability lawsuits.
- (OR) Case limiting the scope of Oregon’s elder abuse statute as it pertains to insurance companies.
- (OR) Case concerning required damages to be alleged in a timber trespass case.
- (OR) Case interpreting Oregon’s statute of ultimate repose.
And, a discussion of two important cases that had oral arguments in front of the Oregon Supreme Court:
- (OR) Schutz – The potential elimination of dram shop protection
- (OR) Vasquez – The potential re-elimination of the $500,000 damages cap
Click below to access a recording of this webinar.